.
October 9th, 2007

A Musical Moment

"Jeff, Jordan, why don't you guys play something on the show?"

What?!?!?

We wanted to celebrate Start the Art Week, which promotes fine arts in school. And Jeff DeHayes (our Web producer) and I both play instruments. But we're used to staying BEHIND the camera. So when Carl brought up the idea of us jamming on the show, the butterflies started forming. But after a very quick rehearsal and a bout of stage fright, it came together.  You can see how it turned out here.

But how about you guys? Are you a painting prodigy? A virtuoso violinist? An enthralling thespian? Send us a video I-Report of your artistic achievements.

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. joe

We watch CNN Student News every day in class. Today (10/10) you mentioned an email notification that can be signed up for. I can't seem to find that anywhere on the CNN Student news site. I followed the link at the bottom of the page and registered but the list of notifications does not include a Student News notification. Where can I find this link?

October 10, 2007 at 1:09 pm |
  2. Ezra

the musical moment is one of the best songs in the blues genre that i have ever heard keep playing.

October 10, 2007 at 1:32 pm |
  3. Cobby

I liked the music you guys played, my favorite kind of music is jazz. It made me feel relaxed and calm. Hope you guys play again at the show

October 10, 2007 at 1:36 pm |
  4. Bradferd

I liked your nice music and i think you should do it for every show. Also your music calmed me,thanks! Hope your on the next show

October 10, 2007 at 1:37 pm |
  5. Steph

Carl, you rock on!

October 12, 2007 at 8:54 am |
  6. Eric

Hey Carl!
    I watch this program in my Government Class it's mad chill my favorite part of the day hands down. There was a part though that faked me out. I see in big bold letters Spoken Word slide onto the screen, I expect to see Russel Simmons with some Def Poetry Jam but it wasn't lol. Why not put some real spoken word onto the program?
    lol if some Gorillas in the street can get some face time why not Alicia Keys and her poem P O W .
    BTW
    Monica Rocks my socks 😛

October 25, 2007 at 12:50 am |
  7. Amy

I play the french horn at Whitewater middle School for the Symphonhic Band. I'm also apart of the Spivey Hall Children's Choir. My dad is the band director and my mom teaches trumpet, and used to teach chorus. I come from a very musical background, so I aprreciated the recognition!

October 27, 2007 at 9:28 pm |
  8. Garrett

I like the the song Hamster Dance Vidoe. It is on google. You should show it on the student news.

November 1, 2007 at 6:02 pm |