.
September 11th, 2007

Smiling at a Bad Time

If you noticed that I was grinning a bit after our third report in Wednesday's show, it's because we originally had another segment in betweenthat story by Nic Robertson and our "Before We Go."  But the extra segment, which was lighthearted enough for me to be smiling about, wound up on the cutting room floor because it made our program a little longer than 10 minutes.  And on TV, we've got to keep a strict schedule.So please don't think I was giggling about the hunt for al Qaeda and Taliban fighters.

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Zhu

We all know the reason why you grinned. Do your best as before, we all believe you.
    Thanks you and your work.

September 12, 2007 at 10:54 pm |
  2. Tyler

Hi!!!!!!!

My name is Tyler and I didn't even notice you smiling at the end of the third show on Wednesday. Could you please tell us more about the show behind the scenes or at least tell us about how interesting it is at the the bussiness of the CNN Studios. Oh could you tell me why did you start the working at the CNN Studios.

September 13, 2007 at 11:15 am |
  3. Linda Mason

Hi Carl,

This isn't necessarily for publication, but if you want to be treated like a rock star by middle schoolers, come and visit my Journalism classes at Snellville Middle School in Gwinnett County! We would LOVE to have you. These kids are really turned on to the news, thanks to you and our daily dose of CNN Student News.

If you want to get out and experience this side of the camera, I invite you to come and be our special guest. The kids asked me today if you could P-L-E-A-S-E (!) come and speak to them. I promised that I would ask.

By the way, after we watched the segment today about Youssif, the students are all writing letters of encouragment to him. Can you please post an address where we can send letters?

Thanks so much,
    Linda Mason
    Snellville Middle School
    Journalism / Mass Communications teacher

September 13, 2007 at 5:28 pm |